Thursday, October 23, 2014

Day 29: Are you talking to me?

I've been called up to the big leagues.

The office was practically empty today, and it's going to be more so tomorrow. Between the plague and the weird fact that people just asked off this Friday, there will be about 4 members of the dev team working tomorrow.


Since there were several pre-scheduled out of offices for this week, the queue was filled less so that we could still accomplish the work we set out to this week. However, it was very product heavy, which makes things more difficult for Mike and I.

The ticket I was working on this morning was just a spike, meaning the CS team just wanted us to do some research into a solution or the efforts it would take for the solution. There was one more ticket in the ops queue after this one, and it's a big ticket that Scott had spent a week researching and theorizing on. Yet since he's out of office, he'd taken his name off of it. I was really hesitant to get into all of that. So I was trying to make the spike ticket last! 

All good things must end, and this ticket did as well. Oh goodness. What next.

Product tickets.

What?

Me?

Are you sure?

Yes. Evidently Adam and Tracy were sure. I was given two product tickets. They were tickets we had heavily discussed in Tuesday planning meetings and the architecture meetings. So I knew what was going on. Still, yipes. Big leagues Thursday for this little lady.

Also had just a great day with everyone in the office. Was very chill and almost eerie so empty. Tomorrow those of us who manage to avoid the plague are going out for lunch!! Whoop! 

1 comment :

  1. Yeah Cathy! You've got this!! :)
    PS- I love the The Office meme :P

    ReplyDelete