Monday, October 13, 2014

Day 19: How do we see what we don't have?

I finally figured out all of the issues with the log in page problem I was having yesterday. Unfortunately, I'll need to test it on the live site (talk about terrifying!). With all of the current high priority madness going on, the daily updates are a little crazy. Tracy recommended I hold off until next Tuesday or Wednesday for things to settle down before engaging the live site. That's fine by me!

I picked up a new ticket and learned something new.

There are clients who let us do their daily backups and store them. There are clients who store their own backups but allow us to pulls copies of them when we need to do fixes or tasks for them. Then there are clients who store their own backups and DON'T allow us to pull copies. These are the tricky ones. 

This ticket requires access to data from early September from a client who doesn't let us touch their backups. Fun stuff. I reached out to our sys admin and he set up a tunnel link so that we can view the data remotely. It then took everyone in the office to help me figure out how to access the tunnel and get everything set up so that I can pull the information I needed. 

What a fun way to end the day.

No comments :

Post a Comment