Friday, October 17, 2014

Day 25: Am I qualified enough for that?

Today was a day of new experiences. The dev team is making some big decisions regarding the way they operate, deliver product, and work together as a whole.

And they want my input on these decisions.

What??

I've been here for all of five weeks! How am I in a position to answer these questions? They're at least not asking JUST me for input. Plus, I think what Mike and I input matters a little less than what all the 2+ year vets at the company have to say. 

It's nice, really, in the end. That i'm already considered an almost full member of the team. 

Today I ran into a completely empty ops queue with two days left until the end of the sprint. Sometimes on a Monday afternoon around 3, if I wrap something up, I'll just work on some general knowledge in the dev repository. However, two days makes that a little rough. 

So I reached out to Tracy to see if there was a cleared ticket in the ops backlog that I could pull up. I didn't want a repeat of two weeks ago when we pulled some tickets that weren't to be worked on. 

She also told me I could start testing tickets that other people are working on!!!! Whaatttt!? That's crazy, grown up developer stuff! I then even got two tickets from Sean to test! So that was super exciting! 

Now it's the weekend. Max and I have double date plans that I'll write about! Super exciting! Should be a great weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment