Monday, November 10, 2014

Day 41: What's breaking the build this time?

Mom's in town!! More about that later. 

For now, I am tired. I had a late day in the office.

I'm working on removing an old part of the system. Part of doing that involves making your code updates as small as possible, so if something goes wrong, you know the most recent things that could have caused it. Around 4:50 pm, I did the stupid thing of making a commit. 

The build broke. Rats.

I knew which code changes caused it, but I had no idea why they'd caused it. 

Rolling back the code was easy, and didn't take very long at all. 

Waiting for the build to run again was another story. It was already after 5 and I had mom back at the apartment! Yet I was certainly not going to leave and risk having a broken build all night. 

Thankfully, I was correct about what caused the build to break. Fixing that part will have to wait until Thursday as I've got plans!

No comments :

Post a Comment