Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Day 37: Where is the mute button?

My question off and on all day long. 

I showed up at work today. Then started coughing and blowing my nose. Scott and Adam kindly suggested that if I don't feel well I certainly didn't have to be here today.

I am strong! When I was growing up, you honored your obligation unless you were vomiting or running a fever of 100 degrees. I could still stand, I could still think straight, I didn't have a fever, I was going to work.

Then Tracy sent me a message with a smiley face with the same theme. Head home and call in for the Tuesday meetings!

Well, alright. 

I packed up and traipsed home.

It wasn't all bad. I got to switch into the sweats and sit on my comfy couch instead of the board room chairs all day. Plus see the kittens and Max once he got home. Everyone else got to see Amelia and Loki, and there were smiles and laughs every time one tried to set up camp on my laptop. 

Lesson learned: stay home when I don't feel well. Just, stay home.

No comments :

Post a Comment