Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Ooooooo Friday

Kind of a long day. Max's parents came into town last night, and mine where heading into town later in the afternoon.

Carol and Norm messaged me to ask if they could come help pack. All I had left was the kitchen, but it still seemed drastically overwhelming. Plus I had 8 am lunch with an old friend and then 10 am workout with Britelle, so I was a little tight on time. Breakfast was amazing! It's so great to have good moments with great friends. Carol and Norm showed up just as I got back from downtown. They packed like champions, finding the odds and slightly bigger ends that didn't have a home box yet (our printer...).

Workout was really good. I've thoroughly enjoyed having gym time 3 days a week. I've never been an athletic person, but working out with a partner in a directed manner specifically for my body has been amazing. It was sadly our last workout. There were no actual tears, but we got to pick the exercises! We did bench presses, and I pressed 65 lbs! Then we did sled work outside for the first time. We did just regular drags with about 60 lbs on them, then backwards jump/pull things which are impractical to describe without visuals. The final thing we did was flip the largest tire in the gym!! It weighs 263 lbs and we each flipped it 6 times on our own!

Max was back from a quasi-final when I got home. His parents had finished packing up the kitchen, which was a huge relief for me. It gave us time to relax a little before things got too crazy.

My parents, Matt and Bev, showed up with my Aunt around 3. They spent some time with us and the kittens. We all looked through the engagement pictures we had taken the weekend before. Then they went out to their hotel.

Max was having dinner with his family at 5:30, and mine was doing dinner at 7. Thankfully, Max and I were not intended to be at each dinner.

My mom's family and dad's family met up at Ruby Tuesday's for a graduation dinner. I split the table, with my mom's to the left and dad's to the right. Aunt Lydia, Aunt Michal, Uncle David, Aunt Rhonda, Grandmother, and Grandfather were all there, as well as my Uncle Mark and Aunt Peg and Aunt Kim and Uncle Ed. My parents gave me a beautiful diploma frame and my class ring! Jostens messed up on the rings for the entire school, putting the wrong stone in the middle. It's supposed to be a deeper sapphire, but they put in a light blue stone. I also accidentally filled out the form wrong, asking for "MS" on the side instead of "BS!" So we'll see if I can get it redone correctly... Hopefully more to come on that later!!

The best gift of the night was from Dad. He gave me a leather portfolio with "ICDI" embossed on the front. When I was little, that was my mantra - "Daddy, I can do it." It was just what I needed. A reminder and vote of confidence from my father that I can do anything I set my mind to. I'm starting to get a little anxious about moving to Vancouver, and this was a great reminder of the courage I had as a small child.

I had to leave that dinner early in order to meet Max's Nana for dessert. It was a blessing to meet her as she will not be able to attend the wedding. It was also Hillary's birthday! So our cake was a combination celebration! The most exciting part is that Hillary and Charlie are expecting a little girl!! She's due a couple weeks after the wedding, so hopefully everything will go smoothly and the baby will be on time!!